PA 2.3 – Tisza catchment area
The pilot area is located in East Hungary, on the Middle Tisza area of the Hungarian Plain (Alföld). Borders of the pilot area are the borders of direct catchment areas. The area is a plain, with a very low altitude above sea level (avg. 85 – 150m) and a small average relative relief, i.e. 2 m/km2 on most parts.
|Objective(s) of pilot actions / Aim of testing in the territorial level||(1) To clarify how many livestock farm has improprieties in their operation and to see which owners and farmers should be involved/ warned.
(2) To clarify how many cultivate farm has improprieties in their operation and to see which owners and farmers should be involved/ warned.
(3) To clarify if the Pilot Area has enough livestock capacity for reviving forest grazing.
(4) To clarify if flood events affect drinking water quality.
|Expected achievable results||Expected result of (1) and (2) is better raw water quality, of (3) is multi-use land management and (4) is less pressure on stakeholders during flood events.|
|Timeframe of implementation of achievable actions||Timeframe of (1) and (2) is until Oct 2018 and of (3) and (4) is until July 2018.|
|Expected benefits for national/regional stakeholders||Stakeholders are regional waterworks along River Tisza (TRV Zrt.), VCSM Zrt. and national parks.
(1) Less liquid manure will be transported into watercourses by rainwater.
(2) Less fertilizer/ pesticide will get into watercourses → favourable environmental and water protection effect.
(3) Indirect positive effect on water quality.
(4) Flood attenuation reservoirs make water regime more balanced.
|Expected benefits for local stakeholders||Stakeholders are livestock farm owners, farmers, cultivate farm owners, forest owners, foresters, residents, regional waterworks along river Tisza, municipalities, …
(1) More efficient agricultural utilization of manure → better production & better raw water quality → waterworks have to make less effort (purification, disinfection) → cheaper drinking water supply service & less inconvenience due improper manure storage.
(2) Lost income is compensated by the Argi-Environmental Program & better water quality (recreation) & better raw water quality → waterworks have to make less effort (purification, disinfection) → cheaper drinking water supply service.
(3) It helps to evolve, restore and utilize the multi-use land management.
(4) Less inconvenience on residents during flood events & less pressure on waterworks during flood events & less pressure on municipalities during flood events.
Deliverables T2.1.2 can be found here: Transnational report about best management practices and annex 4: Best management practices in PA 2.3.
Deliverable T2.1.4 can be found here: Descriptive documentation about PA 2.3.
Deliverable T2.1.5 can be found here: Set-up report about adaptation of the transnational concept to PA 2.3.
Deliverable T2.2.2 can be found here: Partner-specific pilot action documentation.
Deliverable T2.3.1 can be found here: Evaluation report for each pilot action.